Saturday, September 19, 2009

Book List

Recently I have found myself reverting back to a lot of things I did as a preteen/young teen. I am reading a lot more, and watching a lot more TV. Mind you, recently that could be because I've had A LOT of time to myself.

It's kind of nice, but at the same time I find myself having A LOT of problems getting into "grown up" books. I have bad luck picking them. I also have a lot of issues getting into a lot of books, and while the book may be open in front of me, chances are I'm not in the author's world, I'm in my own. I think adult fiction is one I have issues with. A lot of those ones seem to be all about mid-life crisis and what not (thinly veiled non-fiction, I'm sure.) Noooot quite there yet. I'm just stuck in young adult crisis. And that was after moving out of teenage crisis, and childhood crisis. I don't think there is a stage of life without crisis, to be honest. Except perhaps infancy... but I'm sure if you asked a screaming pterodactyl - I mean infant - what crisis they faced they would tell you they were hungry/needed to be burped/needed to be changed/needed cuddles etc.

I think that was also one reason why I read A LOT of romance novels - it's hard to pick an awful plot there. Although the ones without sex really suck. And not in a good way... Anyways, in my movie watching, a lot have involved books, and for some reason I almost want to read these books.

So the book list (as of now, and no where near complete) is as follows (perhaps even with a movie listed from where I heard of it.) Titles in red are higher on the list (mainly because I know what they're about lol)

The Divine Comedy (The Bucket List)
The Lady And The Little Dog (The Reader)
The Oddyssey (The Reader)
The Year of Living Biblically: One Man's Humble Quest to Follow the Bible as Literally as Possible
Shakespeare's plays (high school reading inspired this, Slings&Arrows reinforced it and showed me more)
Women Who Run With The Wolves
Satanic Verses (just checked the library website, I can borrow this one! YAY!)

There are lots of others I want to read, lots I want to reread, some I want to watch as live plays or see as movies. Some I'm sure I will like, and others I probably won't make it past the first chapter with any ease.

No comments:

Post a Comment