Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Quilt Update

It appears as though I will be abandoning one of my quilt projects. The colours don't go together as well as I would like, and I can't make the points line up correctly *glower* I think it's the purple that makes the colours not go as well... perhaps the blue and the gold as well. But whatever. I'll drop the purple, blue and gold, and do black, white, red and grey. Or something. I'm not finding a lot of options that don't involve tons of different patterned ones. Ugh. I hate this. Luckily my mother is understanding that sometimes shit just doesn't look right and you need to change stuff. I just wish this had been noticed BEFORE I got all the diamonds and shit cut out for the damn thing. Thank gods I hadn't done the squares and triangles or the sashings yet.

I'm thinking of doing a twisted sister quilt. Kind of like this one... I really like the red centers and the red sashings.

Also, I found this thing called "The Ugly Quilt Contest" - I am amused. I would TOTALLY buy the Kitty In The Blender quilt. I think it's awesome LOL.

My other lapquilt project (that fits a single bed...*ahem*) is coming along well. Almost done quilting the inside, then I can work on quilting the edges and finishing it. Woot.

No comments:

Post a Comment