Tuesday, September 15, 2009

She Flies Without Wings

So I found a book at the library today. It's an adult non-fiction titled "She Flies Without Wings: How Horses Touch A Woman's Soul" by Mary D. Midkiff.

Looks and sounds promising. I haven't read a lot yet, but already I am finding things I can relate to, and lots to enjoy. It might do the trick of cheering me up a bit after all.

"A horse's acceptance remains one of my earliest memories of belonging. While I struggled to find who I was and would be as a person, horses gave me my first intimation of what acc
eptance and belonging could feel like."

Hunter Sit - Lore & Berta

2 comments:

  1. That would be Berta, from when I went to summer camp. She was a Percheron X. Everyone loved that her mane had natural red streaks in the black :D

    ReplyDelete