Okay, so this is something that pretty much just grinds my gears. It's been doing it for a while now, really. Something I probably really shouldn't care about, but I do. So here goes.
Tights are NOT pants. First we had that whole "I must wear jeans under a skirt/dress!" and then we went into "I must wear tights with every outfit!" and now we have "Tights can be worn as pants!"
Sorry, but no. I am not the only one to feel this way, either! Look here, at the blog I found when I was looking for examples of tights being worn as pants.
The only times I would EVER say it is okay to wear tights "as pants" would be if you are a dancer/gymnist and are wearing them as a body suit for dancing or dance rehersal - this applies to a few other sports as well, like skating etc, but again, that really only applies to the men, as most female skaters would have the skirty thing going on. It is also only okay to wear them "as pants" if you are wearing a very long top - so long that it's like a dress.
Why should people not wear tights as pants? Well, most people really don't want to see everyone else's undies. Also, a lot of people really don't look that good in tights. The 80's need to die and stay dead. Also... CAMEL TOE IS NASTY. Just... uuugh. NO. Okay? NO.
I saw a girl at the mall handing out resumes - I'm guessing she was hoping her looks would get her a job (she was cute, and had a nice butt), however... tights as pants is nooot overly professional. I possibly would have hired her, but I would have asked if she had pants or skirts to wear. Another time, I was in the fabric store and this girl came in wearing tights and I actually cringed and had to bite my tongue to keep from saying "Oh, you came here to buy fabric to make pants! Seeing as how someone appears to have stolen yours and left you with only you tights! Which are *not* pants, and all..."
So really the only thing to say here is - TIGHTS ARE NOT PANTS. DO NOT WEAR TIGHTS AS PANTS. Or flying monkies will kill you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


lols. totally agree XD
ReplyDelete