I'm standing in a sand ring, a black horse is free lunging around me in a circle - as if in a round pen (which we weren't.) That I notice, he has no form of tack on - no halter, no bridle, no lunge line, no saddle, no polo wraps, nothing. We're both kind of doing our own thing, moving around in circles with each other. The pace is easy, a nice smooth trot. Suddenly the horse is wearing a halter, and I'm holding a bright yellow plastic tube of some sort with a flag on the end (kind of like one of those "Hey, I'm HERE!!!" flags you see on bikes, ATVS, and what not.) Still no lunge line though.
Now I'm going to state now - I do NOT tolerate/promote animal abuse, but with horses, sometimes a bit of a more forceful action is required to simply say "Hey, I'm here! Look out! Pay attention!" This does NOT mean beating the horse silly with a whip or any object. I also don't tolerate - or at least I don't like to tolerate - people who let horses, etc walk all over them. It can end badly.
As soon as the halter and whip are present the horse stops and turns in towards me. Now some horse people will have horses do this, but they ask for it - shows the horse is paying attention to them and all that. Well, I hadn't asked for it (hadn't asked for the whip either.) I turned to try and get back into the "triangle" set up for the "push" needed in lunging, and shook the whip to ask for him to walk/trot on. The horse turns in again and shows his disinterest and protest to doing as I ask. Shaking the whip again, it folds/buckles as if I'd been shaking a plastic drinking straw, and I toss it down. At this point the horse starts going again, and the halter has disappeared again.
This happens a few times, and there is also some running and arm flailing in attempts to make him change direction etc, but he continues to turn in and stay out of the "triangle" position required.
So that was that... quite a bit to mull over really. I've got a few things noted about it, mainly the regular non-occult related horsie stuff, and a couple occult points. I'm tempted to ask Trystn, but ehhh, he probably wouldn't tell me anything I don't already know hahaha. And tonight, as I was pondering the dream, a voice in my head said, "You were doing so well until that whip came out." And it's true. So the burning question now is what is the whip? Or maybe it's what is the big issue where we always pull out a whip... Hmmm. I also wish I could remember the other part of the dream. It involved people and conversations. I always have trouble remembering those parts lol.
Free lunging a very, very dirty Casper-pony



No comments:
Post a Comment